Unlike road biking, mountain riders put their abilities to the test by riding downhills, loose rocks, water crossings, and tree roots.
If you’re a nature lover and happen to be a cyclist that enjoys hitting the off-road trails, keep reading to find out what’s the perfect mountain bike for you.
How much is a full-suspension mountain bike? Full-suspension bikes are more expensive than regular bikes since their design is more complex. Depending on the manufacturer, the bike size, and its components, a high-quality entry-level full-suspension mountain bike can cost you around 1.500 dollars.
Nowadays, it’s easier to choose your dream bike, because there are many different bike models at a price that can fit every budget:
- 500 dollars: For this price, it’s challenging to find a reliable full suspension bike; however, it’s not impossible. You can find them on Amazon, and the prices start from 399.99 dollars.
- 500 – 1000 dollars: For this amount of money, you can buy yourself an excellent entry-level full-suspension mountain bike.
- 1,000 – 1,500 dollars: Here, the number of possibilities arise, and more model bikes come into consideration. They have the same frames as the more expensive ones, but with more affordable parts.
- 1,500 – 3,500 dollars: With this budget, you can buy yourself a trail full-suspension bike, or even you can look for carbon- fiber models that will serve you for years.
- Over 3500 dollars: With this budget, you don’t need to worry about the price. Here you’ll be focused on finding the right bike that will answer your needs. The best part is that you can buy two bikes for different purposes.
What Makes a Good Mountain Bike?
To have an excellent bike for the ones that cycle through the mountains is crucial for their safety.
The mountain bikes have similar appearances with other bicycles, but different features such as full suspension, larger tires, long-lasting wheels, more durable brakes, even handlebar, and gear ratios to climb steep grades.
Also, a good mountain bike can provide you a more comfortable ride on the road-off terrains that are usually difficult to ride with a standard bike.
Is a Full Suspension Bike Right for You?
The full-suspension mountain bike can support the terrain in the mountains.
Therefore if you love riding in the mountains, this is the appropriate bicycle for you.
If you find it interesting pedaling through rocks and bumps or uneven terrain, this bike is the right choice to give you the best handling on rough trails.
If you’re seeking a safe yet unforgettable experience, then you know that the full-suspension mountain bike is the right choice for you.
Benefits of Buying a Full-Suspension Mountain Bike
- The full-suspension mountain bikes give comfort and easy maneuver to the cyclist, making them a perfect bike for the off-roads.
- They are more durable.
- Have a high-quality design to provide the best comfort during your ride on dangerous terrain in the mountains.
- The modern full suspension bike can afford you to pedal much more relaxed and better than the old ones.
- Furthermore, your upper body doesn’t get thrown around while cycling, which allows you to pedal faster without being exhausted.
Best Full-Suspension Mountain Bikes
What makes the best mountain bike with full-suspension?
- They have aluminum and carbon fiber frames; however, this depends on the price and style of the bike you want to buy.
- The country-cross and all-mountain bikes usually have aluminum frames or carbon fiber frames.
- Long-travel bikes, for instance, have only aluminum in their structure.
- It’s not essential what the bike’s material is, since the use of the frame is to support the bike on the terrain for which it serves.
- It’s evident that short- and medium-travel bikes have lighter materials because they usually don’t face severe conditions.
- On the other hand, the long-travel bike is heavier in weight because it focuses on producing extended durability on a long track and has more parts installed.
Mountain Bike Types Explained
The full-suspension bicycles come in a variety of designs. Some of them are for a specific purpose, and others serve several purposes.
Below are the most common sorts of mountain bikes with full suspension:
Short Travel Mountain Bike
- These bikes have smaller suspension levels and usually use for biking on short tracks.
- The short travel bikes are lighter, faster, and very efficient to meet the clients’ needs.
- Having these advantages, they’re trendy among the cyclists, and more wanted.
Mid Travel Mountain Bike
- In this group, you’ll find the bikes that represent the middle of the Country-Cross and Down-Hill bikes.
- They serve bikers who climb the roads and then proceed down through down-hill trails.
- The suspension is adjustable to improve the climbing ability of the bike.
Long Travel Mountain Bike
- These bikes are ideal for riding long trails without any problem.
- The brakes, frames, controls, and other parts of the bike work to increase the rider’s security.
- Long travel bikes have a built-in high-speed stability with steering angles, where suspension units allow maximum adjustability, strength, and durability.
Mentioning only the price of each bike below, earlier in this article, allow us to describe their features:
The Northwoods Aluminum Mountain Bike
- This fantastic bike has a full suspension frame with aluminum and a 50mm steel crown fork.
- It has 26″ rims, 21-speed twist shifters, Shimano derailleur in the back and crank with steel triple.
- The bike has the following dimensions: 68 x 23 x 38 inches.
- You can purchase this fantastic bike for no more than 399.99 dollars on amazon.com.
Mongoose Mountain Bike
- This bicycle has an aluminum MTB frame, a Hydroformed tube with a reliable and robust suspension fork on the front.
- Its Shimano back derailleur with 21 speeds smoothly changes the gear in every ride.
- It has front and back brakes that affords the rider to stop quickly.
- It has light, durable rims, and 26×2.125 inch tires.
- Its handlebar with colored plugs makes the bike look more attractive.
This bike costs 459.99 dollars, and you can buy it on amazon.com.
Schwinn Traxion Mountain Bike, Full Dual Suspension
The Schwinn mountain bike has a dual-suspension frame of aluminum and sturdy fork with suspension that evens the ground to afford you a long-lasting riding adventure.
- The Shimano triggers and fore and back derailleurs make the gear change very simple the 24 speeds.
- The mechanical brakes (rear and front) provide quickly stopping on the way in every condition.
- The double-wall rims are not big, but they’re great for increasing the durability.
- It has a wide bumpy mountain tires that are perfect for any obstacle.
- The Schwinn alloy cranks are very durable that gives a still gear and require less maintenance.
- To buy this product at the price of 1109.99 dollars go on amazon.com.
- This bike has a level connection design that matches 130mm of active back suspension.
- It has a 148x12mm through-axle, and 110 fork stiffness.
- Its Sr Sun tour fork and RockShox add for 150mm front and 130mm tail suspension.
- The Shimano Deore 1×10 drivetrain with FSA cranks makes drivetrains to be easily affordable.
- It has a Blanchard 28r wheels that grow the endurance and maximize the pleasure when riding.
This product is available on amazon.com and costs 2,300 dollars.
Carbon 27.5er Mountain Bike Full Suspension Trail Bike
Last but not least is the Carbon 27.5er Mountain Bike Full Suspension Trail Bike that has the following features:
- It has P1 builds with a carbon fiber Toray T700 bike frame.
- It has a Sram Eagle GX drivetrain.
- It has a Rock Shox Yari RC 27.5 fork.
- There are several sizes to choose from: XS, S, M, XL.
- It has a 2-year guarantee on the frame and wheels.
This bike costs 3,900 dollars, and you can purchase it on amazon.com.
Differences between Hardtails and Full Suspension bikes
You probably learned by now what are the features of the full-suspension mountain bicycle.
However, there are differences between a full suspension bike and a hardtail bike. Keep reading to find out what they can offer.
What is a Full-suspension mountain bike
- It has a suspension on the fork at the front and a shock at the rear.
- Cost more money.
- Its design is for rough terrain.
- It gives a more comfortable ride.
- It gives you more speed while you pedal-free through the bumps.
What does Hardtail bike Mean
- Feature a suspension fork only.
- Cost less money.
- Its structure is for smooth terrains.
- They are simple and easy to maintain.
- It’s lighter than the bike with full suspension because of the fewer parts in its structure.
By giving you the above answers, we genuinely believe that we helped you make the right choice.
Does the mountain bike need suspension?
Suspension reduces the rider’s fatigue, and it helps preserve control by keeping the wheels on the ground after an impact and improving the bike’s speed and handling.
Suspension also increases the rider’s safety by giving him comfort to ride on rough terrain and, at the same time, experience something new.
What’s a Good Mountain Bike for Beginners?
If you’re attracted to mountain biking and want to experience it for the first time, all you have to do is select your perfect bike, and you’re good to go.
The five best bikes for amateurs to ride in the mountains are the following:
- The Diamondback Hook Bicycles Mountain Bike.
- Marin Mountain San Quentin Bike.
- Kona Mountain Process 153 Bike.
- Raleigh Mountain Bicycles Tokul Hardtail MTB.
- Orbea Laufey Mountain H30 Bike.